Some things we eat can be dangerous, sometimes even poisonous, for your dog, though. Here are a few of them – some may surprise you, but as always, if ever you are unsure, please consult your veterinarian:
- Grapes and raisins – they contain chemical compounds that are toxic to dogs.
- Garlic and onions – both have chemical properties that can be toxic, and even life threatening
- Mushrooms – particularly wild mushrooms
- Fruits with pits, such as peaches, cherries, and plums – in some cases the pit can be toxic, or can simply present a choking hazard
- Nuts – particularly macadamia nuts
Discover some healthy but easy and fun treat ideas you know your pooch and your wallet will love.