Our consulting vet gives her TOP TIPS for helping to keep your pooch’s skin and coat in healthy condition.
- Make sure you keep your pets free from parasites (deworm your pet 3-4 times a year, use flea and tick preparations monthly).
- If your pet has sensitive skin always rinse him or her with fresh water after exposure to salt water. Dried salt can make their skin itchier.
- If you know your pet has a sensitivity to grasses, rinsing their stomach and legs after a walk will remove any pollens which may aggravate the skin further.
- Be careful of human food given as treats. They often contain wheat or products that may be responsible for skin allergies.
- Add an Omega 3 and 6 supplement to their food. Omega’s have anti-itch and anti-inflammatory properties.
Read more about Regal’s herbal formulation for skin and coat health addressing a range of skin conditions including itchy skin, eczema and hair loss.
Hi, do you get Omega 3 & 6 for pets?