If your pet buddy is prone to skin problems and irritations, such as itchy skin then be sure to keep these TOP FIVE TIPS by Dr. Megan Kelly in mind!
- Make sure you keep your pets free from parasites (deworm your pet 3-4 times a year, use flea and tick preparations monthly).
- If your pet has sensitive skin always rinse your pet with fresh water after exposure to salt water. Dried salt can make their skin more itchy.
- If you know your pet has a sensitivity to grasses, rinsing their stomach and legs after a walk will remove any pollens which may aggravate the skin further.
- Be careful of human food given as treats. They often contain wheat or products that may be responsible for skin allergies.
- Add an Omega 3 and 6 supplement to their food. Omega’s have anti itchy and anti-inflammatory properties.